Thank you for visiting one of the websites of Digital Strategery, LLC., doing business as D50 Media (hereinafter D50 Media). Our websites provide information about medical and legal options that may be available, provide general information and resources, and allow you to contact us.
- What Information Do We Collect?(A) Information You Provide to UsPersonal Information and Demographic Information. We may ask you to provide us with certain categories of information, or you may otherwise provide us with information, through the websites such as: (1) personally identifiable information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, home address and phone number (“Personal Information”); and (2) demographic information, such as information like your gender, your occupation or geographic information (“Demographic Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the websites, including, without limitation, the following places:
- consultation request forms, “contact us” forms, chat, or emails;
- account registration forms (if any); or
- survey participation interfaces or web blogs
Providing us with information about yourself is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide certain information you may not be able to take full advantage of all our websites’ features.
(B) Information We Collect and Store as You Access and Use the Websites
In addition to any Personal Information, Demographic Information, or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the websites (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our websites. Privacy law concepts are evolving – it is possible that some Usage Information that we deem not to personally identify you and do not treat as Personal Information will nonetheless be deemed “personally identifiable information” by applicable law.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”);
- whether one user has accessed the websites using multiple Devices;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information, plug-ins);
- the URL that referred you to our websites, your website browsing history, and the areas within our websites that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location and characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including time zone and the time of day
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the websites. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies are similar to Flash cookies but do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to www.adobe.com. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on your Device, some parts of our websites may not function properly, and that when you revisit our websites your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “web beacons”, “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our websites’ pages and messages. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the websites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to our websites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag, or entity tag. An ETag is a type of identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are similar to fingerprints, and they can be quickly compared to determine if two versions of a resource are the same or not. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Targeting-Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our websites based upon how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
There may be other Tracking Technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the websites.
Our websites generally will not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might limit our ability to track certain on-line activities over time or across different sites and services. Whether these signals and mechanisms will be honored involves evolving technology and industry practices that may depend on the browser used, the practices and policies of our third-party vendors as described below, and other factors. In addition, third parties may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the websites.
(C) Interactions with Third-Party Sites
The websites may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the websites and your account on a third-party site or application. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party operator providing certain information, including Personal Information, to us. If we offer and you choose to use this functionality to access our websites, the third-party site or application may send Personal Information about you to the websites.
- to evaluate whether we can provide any information, resources or suggestions concerning medical treatment or legal services (and it may be shared with law firms or health care providers for this purpose);
- to process transactions or provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the websites’ features and to process your registration with the websites, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to improve the websites, our marketing endeavors or our service offerings, and to customize your experience on the websites (such as serve you specific content that is relevant to you);
- to provide customer support and to contact you with regard to your use of the websites and, in our discretion, changes to the websites and/or websites’ policies;
- for our business purposes and the business purposes of third parties we share your information with;
- to contact you via phone, email or hard-copy mail with information about our service offerings; and
Please note that information submitted to the websites via a “contact us” or other similar function may not receive a response.
(A) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the websites, such as: (a) manage a database of client information; (b) hosting the websites; (c) designing and/or operating the websites’ features; (d) tracking the websites’ activities and analytics; (e) enabling us to send you information about our services or perform other administrative services; and (f) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices, and information we have been informed of regarding such choices is in an opt-out list available here. We are not responsible for the completeness of the opt-out list or the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
(C) Affiliates and Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our subsidiaries, affiliates co-counsel, business partners, and related entities. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the websites or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
(D) Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us, under certain circumstances, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2019 will receive information about 2018 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California street address (not a post office box) for our response. To make such a request (limit one request per year), please send an e-mail to: [email protected], with “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line or mail us a letter to: D50 Media, 1330 Boylston St., Suite 400, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, Attn: Legal Dept.. You must include your full name, e-mail address, and street address in your request.
- Do Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Sites Appear on the Websites?The websites may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the websites are served to you. In addition, when you are on the websites you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others.
- How Do I Change My Information?You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided if you choose to contact us for information. You may correct or update the Personal Information you have provided through the websites by contacting us at: (855) 346-6101.
- What Should Parents Know About Children?We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive world. We do not use the websites to knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the websites and should not send any information about yourself to us through the websites.In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
- How Do We Protect Personal Information You Provide to Us?We make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information that you submit over the websites from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, which may include the use of firewalls and other security measures on our servers. However, the Company does not warrant or represent that its level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard, and no server or internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. You should take this into account when submitting Personal or confidential Information on any websites, including ours. Similarly, any information that you send us through the websites is not confidential or privileged, and may be subject to applicable disclosure and reporting requirements, as required by law.
- By Phone: (855) 346-6101
- By Email: [email protected]