Web DesignerApply to This Position
We are looking for a designer that is humble and innovative. The right candidate will utilize their experience to communicate valuable content via digital design and illustrations. Your goal would be to deliver simple, user-centric, and data-driven solutions geared towards specific audiences in the legal and healthcare spaces.
- Job Type Full-Time
- Location 100% Remote
What We Are Looking For in a Candidate
The ideal candidate will have incredible creative abilities but can also contribute ideas and strategies that can have a visible and tangible effect on the future of our company. We want a thinker, not just an order-follower.
Our ultimate goal is to find someone who complements our team. This means a hard-working, talented, helpful and humble person who is just as willing to get in and do menial tasks as they are to lead an entire project to success. This person will take direction well while also being proactive to improve themselves and the team. This person will also have a passion for continuing to expand their skill set.
- Wireframing and designing responsive websites using lead generation-based hypotheses to increase conversion
- Creating unique designs that effectively communicate content via digital illustrations, infographics, and rich media
- Working alongside the development, design, and content teams to create effective digital products
- Auditing current digital products and providing UI/UX suggestions to better the experience
- Solid understanding of typography, color theory and visual hierarchy, strong layout and design skills, and a passion for design
- Experience maintaining, expanding and creating brands
- Ability to lead a project from start to completion within timeline and budget
- Ability to take constructive feedback and challenge it or execute
- Mobile-first UI/UX design proficiency
- Adobe CC and Figma proficiency
- Established technical knowledge of various design media formats
- Web conversion and lead generation mindset
Preferred Skills or Experience
- Ability to produce design concepts quickly
- Experience designing for the elderly, ADA, or other specific niches
- A working knowledge of WordPress
- Google Analytics
- A/B testing experience (Google Optimize, Optimizely, VWO, etc)
- Heatmapping experience (HotJar, Clarity, Crazy Egg, etc)
- Digital illustration experience
- Basic development skills (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP)
- SEO experience
Education and Experience
- BA/AA degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communication or similar/li>
- 3-5 years of professional web/digital design experience
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates meaningful digital experiences that inform, educate, and empower individuals facing unexpected life challenges to take back control of their lives.
D50 Media is an integrated marketing and communications agency that puts top digital strategies to work for people who need support and options. For over a decade, we have been a leader in creating informational resources that can transform people’s lives for the better.
By providing useful information and guidance, our health-centered brands can help vulnerable communities navigate unexpected life challenges.
As a one-of-a-kind digital agency focused on health, education, and advocacy, D50 Media creates life-changing resources that raise awareness and inspire change. Our work empowers helpless individuals and communities to take back control of their lives.
We accomplish this organically and ethically through conventional marketing methods and emerging communications channels.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and the potential for advancement pending performance. Salary is commensurate with experience and comes with excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
- “Awesome benefits“
- “Extremely pleasant direct management.”
- “Work life balance, excellent organization to be a part of that genuinely cares about its employees.”
- “Great management team and strong service offering.”
- “The team I work with are all friendly and engaging.”
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.