Social Media SpecialistApply to This Position
Social Media Specialist
We’re looking for the next socially savvy rockstar to join our growing team! The Social Media Specialist will help create, manage and measure the creative that powers our organic and paid social media marketing campaigns, while monitoring and engaging with our social audiences and helping generate leads for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of dedicated social media experience, working on a variety of brands – ideally within the B2C legal, medical, financial or other regulated industries. Solid writing and editing chops are critical, with a knack for transforming existing client content items (like blogs, website content, videos, brochures, etc.) into compelling and scroll-stopping social posts and ads on a variety of platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, SnapChat, etc.).
This person should have strong knowledge of paid social tools and ad formats, and an ability to adapt creatives to fit each placement. While this role will have the support of our agency Creative teams, hands-on experience with graphic design projects and tools (such as Canva, Adobe Creative Suite) and are a big plus.
This individual should be organized, yet agile, and experienced in using project management and workflow tools – Asana, Jira, etc. – to help track and collaborate on work. They should have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, applying that skill to tasks such as proofing copy, creating UTM/Tracking parameters, and measuring creative performance.
Most importantly, this person should have a bias for action, is proactive in identifying obstacles and solutions, and is able to learn and adapt quickly in our fast-paced environment and social media industry. This role is considered a stepping-stone to multiple other agency roles – including Paid Social Manager – so, if you have a strong desire to learn, grow and deliver value to our growing team, we’re excited to hear from you!
- Job Type Full-Time
- Location 100% remote, work-from-home
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
Social Creative Development – 35%
- Concept and write effective social posts/ads – both organic and paid – that grab attention, engage platform users, and generate leads / quality conversions for clients in regulated industries, such as legal services.
- Lead social creative development process – from copywriting and creative design to client review and publishing – using tools like Asana to organize and track activities across teams and through various stages.
- Test, measure, and improve the effectiveness of social content. Recommend creative iterations to optimize performance and help achieve business goals.
- Build, manage and constantly replenish our social content library. Identify message gaps, explore new formats and visuals, and/or repurpose existing creative to ensure a fresh and engaging creative supply for our organic and paid channels.
- Help develop social toolkits and templates that improve content development speed and create a consistent brand experience for social platform users.
Social Publishing & Calendars – 20%
- Develop and manage organic publishing calendars across multiple brands, ensuring we publish the right content at the right time.
- Achieve weekly/monthly publishing goals to bolster paid activities and gain favor with platform algorithms that impact our paid campaigns.
- Schedule posts using SMMS tools – like Agorapulse – and ensure final published post renders properly within each unique platform specifications.
Social Monitoring & Engagement – 20%
- Own day-to-day social monitoring & engagement, interacting with social platform users to create a positive experience.
- Partner with CAS customer service team to follow up on leads and help proactively identify social engagement opportunities.
- Lead weekly/monthly social monitoring reporting and insights, acting as eyes and ears for the rest of the paid social team. Identify key themes and trends, share insights and escalate risk issues to team and agency leaders in a timely manner.
Paid Social Campaign Support – 15%
- Support the execution of our paid social campaigns, lead by Paid Social Managers, in a variety of ways including: requesting new intake sources in Salesforce, requesting unique tracking numbers and
- Help test end-to-end consumer campaign experiences – such as form submits, phone scripts, tracking info flow, mobile landing pages, etc. – on a periodic basis.
- Help set up and/or QA paid campaigns in social platform tools to ensure efficiency or accuracy
- Pull, archive and distribute platform data and insights, and perform other reporting responsibilities, as assigned.
Special Projects, as assigned – 10%
- Research and report on competitive activity, identify and share platform and industry trends, support analysis and reporting projects.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-7 years’ experience in social media, content marketing, digital marketing, communications or related field.
- At least 3 years professional experience creating content for and managing campaigns across multiple social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapshot, TikTok , etc.
- Experience with social media management and analytics tools, including AgoraPulse, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Hootsuite, and/or similar. Familiarity with Salesforce, Jira, Asana, Slack and Cognos Analytics is a bonus.
- Understanding of graphic design fundamentals, with professional experience using InDesign or Illustrator / Adobe Suite/Adobe Photoshop, Canva or other/similar graphic design programs.
- WordPress website publishing and website metadata and open graph experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented and drive for accuracy – you always ask for someone to proof your work, but they rarely find anything new.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changes in direction, re-prioritizing deliverables as needed.
- Motivated from ideation to execution to follow-through.
- Excellent communication & reporting skills.
- Eagerness to achieve goals, develop new skills, gain experience and grow responsibilities within the team.
Proof of vaccination required.
This position is 100% remote from within the US. We have remote team members across the country, as well as physical offices in Chestnut Hill, MA and Alton, IL.About Us
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates meaningful digital experiences that inform, educate, and empower individuals facing unexpected life challenges to take back control of their lives.
D50 Media is an integrated marketing and communications agency that puts top digital strategies to work for people who need support and options. For over a decade, we have been a leader in creating informational resources that can transform people’s lives for the better.
By providing useful information and guidance, our health-centered brands can help vulnerable communities navigate unexpected life challenges.
As a one-of-a-kind digital agency focused on health, education, and advocacy, D50 Media creates life-changing resources that raise awareness and inspire change. Our work empowers helpless individuals and communities to take back control of their lives.
We accomplish this organically and ethically through conventional marketing methods and emerging communications channels.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and the potential for advancement pending performance. Salary is commensurate with experience and comes with excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
- “Awesome benefits“
- “Extremely pleasant direct management.”
- “Work life balance, excellent organization to be a part of that genuinely cares about its employees.”
- “Great management team and strong service offering.”
- “The team I work with are all friendly and engaging.”
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.