Paid Social Media ManagerApply to This Position
Paid Social Media Manager
The Paid Social Media Manager role is the newest in our lean-but-rapidly-growing team of social marketers. We are looking for go-getters who love driving every aspect of a paid campaign — from high-level strategic thinking and creative development, to digging into data and troubleshooting tracking issues. No task is too big or too small – you just instinctively do whatever it takes to help our clients achieve their goals and, by doing so, you make a significant impact on our business and team.
The person in this role will not only design and manage paid ad campaigns – focused on generating qualified leads for clients across multiple brands and social platforms – but will also help identify and test new formats, channels, and tactics to help us enhance the customer experience and generate qualified leads for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be very analytical; passionate about testing, optimizations, and bottom-line results; and have proven success managing social media campaigns, especially in highly niche markets like legal services, banking services, or healthcare. This person is excited to partner with other channel leads to enhance our digital experiences, build integrated campaigns, and measure our impact across channels using various attribution methods.
Finally, we’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, quickly sharing ideas and key insights so all team members can learn and improve their results. Experience mentoring peers and junior team members, and/or leading cross-functional projects and programs, is a big plus.
- Job Type Full-Time
- Location 100% remote, work-from-home
- Covid-19 Notice Candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated.
What We Are Looking For in a Candidate
- Day-to-day campaign management, including setup, quality assurance, testing, measurement/reporting, and optimization across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- Quick and thoughtful execution of Facebook Ads by writing compelling copy, error-free building of ads, and troubleshooting account performance
- Apply a highly analytical approach to our campaign planning and optimization – building hypotheses, isolating variables, testing ad efficiency, recommending changes, and sharing insights based on a rigorous analysis of the data and results
- Continually evaluate and improve the effectiveness of campaigns, and help pinpoint new opportunities for growth and expansion (continuous optimization, channel expansion, creative design, etc.)
- Collaborate with agency teams (PPC, content, SEO, email, and TV) as needed to build and manage integrated campaigns, and share learnings across channels and programs
- Balance and maintain large campaign and program budgets, tracking, optimizing, and forecasting when requested
- Research, track, and report on competitive activity on behalf of our clients; design reports to deliver insights in a clear, easy-to-understand format
- Keep pace with social media trends and cutting-edge tactics, then apply learnings to campaigns and share them with the team
- Lead and coordinate special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed, including process development, segment/channel research, system/tool implementations and adoption, and more
- Informally lead and mentor peers and fellow team members, sharing your experience and ideas so all can learn, contribute to campaign success, and grow
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, MIS/IT, comms, business, or related field
- 5+ years digital marketing experience, with 2+ years directly managing paid social campaigns
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous campaigns across multiple paid and social media platforms – e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, GDN, etc.
- Experience managing large budget campaigns – in excess of $100k/month is a plus – primarily in a lead-gen or content marketing environment
- Proven ability to design and execute high-performing paid campaigns, running A/B tests, and directly optimizing budgets across ads/ad sets to produce the most cost-effective results
- Strong analytical skills; comfort with getting your “hands dirty,” providing in-depth analysis into the numbers
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, with proficiency in advanced Excel functions, such as vlookups, pivot tables, and goal-seek features. Experience with database tools such as Access, SQL, etc. is a big plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects and changes in direction, re-prioritizing deliverables as needed
- Excellent writing, communication, and visual presentation skills – can effectively use data to derive insights, and can then convey those insights simply, for clients and partners to easily understand and act upon
- Strong visual design fundamentals needed – experience defining and leading or directly creating various social ad formats – from simple FB image/link ads, to video/reels, gifs, carousels, etc. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or other graphic design programs is a big plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment – has a strong self-motivation and sense of independent urgency, while also able to bring others along and collaborate to achieve team successes
- Proficiency with social media, marketing, and analytics tools, including but not limited to Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, SMMS tools (AgoraPulse, Khoros, Sprinklr, Sprout, Hootsuite), Lead Enforce, Piwik, Hotjar, and/or similar. Familiarity with Salesforce and Cognos Analytics is a plus.
D50 has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire.
This position is 100% remote from within the US (sponsorship not available). We have remote team members across the country, as well as physical offices in Chestnut Hill, MA and Alton, IL.About Us
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates meaningful digital experiences that inform, educate, and empower individuals facing unexpected life challenges to take back control of their lives.
D50 Media is an integrated marketing and communications agency that puts top digital strategies to work for people who need support and options. For over a decade, we have been a leader in creating informational resources that can transform people’s lives for the better.
By providing useful information and guidance, our health-centered brands can help vulnerable communities navigate unexpected life challenges.
As a one-of-a-kind digital agency focused on health, education, and advocacy, D50 Media creates life-changing resources that raise awareness and inspire change. Our work empowers helpless individuals and communities to take back control of their lives.
We accomplish this organically and ethically through conventional marketing methods and emerging communications channels.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and the potential for advancement pending performance. Salary is commensurate with experience and comes with excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.