Paid Social Media ManagerApply to This Position
Paid Social Media Manager
The Paid Social Media Manager role is a pivotal role in our lean-but-rapidly-growing team of social marketers. We are looking for go-getters who love driving every aspect of a paid campaign — from high-level strategic thinking and test development, to digging into data and troubleshooting tracking issues. No task is too big or too small – you instinctively do whatever it takes to help our clients achieve their goals and, by doing so, you make a significant impact on our business and team.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, performance driven and digital experience-minded, with proven success delivering ROAS using social media campaigns in niche consumer markets like legal services, banking services, or healthcare. They will not only design and manage paid ad campaigns – focused on generating qualified leads for clients across multiple brands and social platforms – but will also help advance multi-channel measurement and attribution for paid social campaigns.
- Job Type Full-Time
- Location 100% remote, work-from-home
What We Are Looking For in a Candidate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Rapidly assess, forecast, propose, and execute paid social programs and campaigns that deliver leads and achieve performance goals for agency clients.
- Own day-to-day hands-on paid social campaign management. Includes campaign planning, setup, creative development, quality assurance, testing, measurement/reporting, and optimization across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit, etc.)
- Manage multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously; develop and apply right-sized plans and efforts which balance productivity and performance.
- Build and manage media plans, track budgets and forecasts, evaluate and improve campaign effectiveness, and pinpoint new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Apply a highly analytical approach to our campaign planning and management; build hypotheses and test variables, optimize ad spend and drive efficiency.
- Design and build custom reports and data analyses, joining multiple datasets together when needed to gain valuable views of performance. Identify and articulate key insights and recommendations to team, leadership, and clients.
- Create compelling social ad creatives. Work with creative peers, when needed, but also able to use tools like Canva to design or edit ads that drive action, concept and create social videos and reels, write and edit copy, and more.
- Research, trend, and report competitive market activities; keep pace with social media platform changes, trends, and cutting-edge tactics; apply learnings quickly to campaigns.
- Collaborate with agency teams (PPC, content, SEO, creative/video design, and TV) as needed to build and manage integrated campaigns, analyze results, and share learnings across channels and programs.
- Informally lead and mentor peers and fellow team members, sharing your experience and ideas so all can learn and grow.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, MIS/IT, comms, business, or related field
- 5+ years digital advertising, paid media, and campaign management experience, with 2+ years executing large budget paid social campaigns (>$100K/month) that generated leads or similar digital conversion events.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, performance-focused media agency or business environment. Adept at handling new challenges and changes with ease.
- A can-do, self-motivated, and performance-driven personality. You are comfortable digging in and getting your “hands dirty” no matter the task or challenge.
- Hands-on experience building and managing multiple campaigns across various paid and social media and digital ad platforms.
- Highly analytical, yet agile mindset; proven experience improving response rates, campaign ROAS, and program effectiveness through A/B testing, conversion optimization, channel expansion, creative design, and more.
- Ability to organize, trend and analyze large datasets with ease and accuracy. Knowledge of database fundamentals and data management best practices; adept at using advanced Excel functions – such as VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, nested formulas, conditional formatting, data delimiters, and various chart/graphs – to analyze performance and gain insights.
- Experience with lead attribution, user tracking, and/or multi-touch measurement tools and methods to measure and optimize the effectiveness of funnel-aligned digital activities. Includes: pixel implementation, web analytics tools, site conversion event tracking, online/offline lead datasets, reporting and conversion API connections and more.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects with ease, prioritizing when necessary. Skilled at using tools like Asana to manage tasks, coordinate across teams, track deliverables, and streamline processes for efficiency,
- Excellent writing, communication, and visual presentation skills. Use data to derive insights and presents information and proposals clearly to leaders, clients, and partners.
- Strong visual design and written communication skills. Experienced both in leading creative work of others and hands-on creation (writing/designing/adapting) social ads to fit a variety of social platforms formats and funnel-aligned campaigns tactics.
Software Experience Required:
- Meta/FB Business Manager and associated tools (Ad Manager, Partner Manager, Events, Automated Rules, Data Sources, Campaign Planner, etc.)
- Twitter for Business, Ad Manger
- TikTok Business Center, Ad Manager
- LinkedIn Marketing Campaign Manager
- Microsoft Excel data management and advanced analysis and reporting functions
- MS Office Tools such as Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or other site analytics tools
- Project management such as Asana, Atlassian/Jira, Trello, Monday.com, or similar
- Slack, MS Teams or other message and collaboration tools
- CRM and database tools such as Salesforce
- Social Media Management software such as Agorapulse, Sprinklr, Khoros, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.
Software Experience Desired:
- Canva, Adobe Creative Suite or other design tools
- Social platform developer tools & APIs
- Lead & data tools such as Leadsbridge, Liveramp, LeadEnforce, etc.
- Google Ads, GDN, AdRoll, Outbrain, Taboola, or other programmatic ad tools
- Reporting and BI tools such as Cognos, Tableau, etc,
- Marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, Salesforce Marketing cloud, etc.
- CallRail, MS Clarity, Hotjar or other site user tracking tools
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates meaningful digital experiences that inform, educate, and empower individuals facing unexpected life challenges to take back control of their lives.
D50 Media is an integrated marketing and communications agency that puts top digital strategies to work for people who need support and options. For over a decade, we have been a leader in creating informational resources that can transform people’s lives for the better.
By providing useful information and guidance, our health-centered brands can help vulnerable communities navigate unexpected life challenges.
As a one-of-a-kind digital agency focused on health, education, and advocacy, D50 Media creates life-changing resources that raise awareness and inspire change. Our work empowers helpless individuals and communities to take back control of their lives.
We accomplish this organically and ethically through conventional marketing methods and emerging communications channels.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and the potential for advancement pending performance. Salary is commensurate with experience and comes with excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
- “Awesome benefits“
- “Extremely pleasant direct management.”
- “Work life balance, excellent organization to be a part of that genuinely cares about its employees.”
- “Great management team and strong service offering.”
- “The team I work with are all friendly and engaging.”
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.