Video ProducerApply to This Position
The Video Producer reports to the Account Director and will be responsible for the creation of video projects for broadcast, web, and social media. This role works closely with all teams to brainstorm, develop, and execute on creative campaigns. The Video Producer may also be responsible for on-location/in-studio shoots, which may require working with outside resources/vendors and some travel. This person will work on all aspects of a production including: Pre-production, production, and post-production.About You
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
The Video Producer will also support the agency’s strategic and business objectives. This may include creation of other media materials that stand alone or integrate with the efforts of other channels to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who is a team player, adept at prioritization and project management, and self-motivated.
- Create graphics-based television commercials using Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks such as reviewing footage, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Utilize computer graphics, animation, and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall creative concepts.
- Creation and delivery of final masters according to d50 standards, following d50 best practices.
- Occasionally work with studio productions; possibly including camera operation, adjustment of studio lighting, and operation of audio recorders and mixers.
- Occasionally work on field-based video production which may involve interacting with vendors, talent, and clients and operating video and audio equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in TV/film, video production, media, or related focus.
- 3-5 years of video production and editing experience (agency setting or post house preferred).
- Ability to translate marketing concepts into effective visual form.
- An articulate thinker who is comfortable receiving creative direction, able to react quickly, and interact productively under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively across several different channel teams.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong skills with recording equipment such as Digital SLRs, video cameras, audio recorders, and microphones are also required.
- The ability to communicate clearly, proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and a high level of professional decorum are required.
- Experience with 3-D tools such as Blender, Cinema4D, Max, etc. is a plus, but not required.
- Candidates must provide a portfolio of past work with specific details about their contributions.
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates and promotes high-quality internet brands that engage, educate and empower users to improve their lives.
D50 Media is a marketing agency that creates enterprise-level brands centered on organic content creation, search engine optimization, web conversion, analytics, website management and lead generation.
We have a long history of success in some of the most competitive digital marketing spaces. We pride ourselves on a company culture where every person’s ideas are valued—regardless of their position or time with the company.
This is a full-time paid position with the potential for advancement pending excellent performance. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.