SEO AnalystApply to This Position
As the SEO Analyst, you will be helping to lead the expansion of a new initiative of D50 Media. You will report to the Director of Digital Strategy and work closely with the SEO team to assist with SEO strategy and implementation for our family of web properties.
- Job Type Full-Time
- Location 100% Remote
- Covid Notice Candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated.
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a seasoned candidate who is passionate about developing, implementing and measuring technical SEO and on-site strategies. The ideal candidate will be capable of succeeding with guided autonomy. If you need someone to hold your hand, this is not the position for you.
You must be willing to work hard and have a desire to learn about our strategies and process flows, while also finding ways to improve them. You should know how to work efficiently and effectively on a variety of requests and tasks. This position is for someone who has demonstrated success within the SEO/SEM industry and is ready for a new challenge.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Implement systems to track, report, analyze and manage analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Manage our Google Analytics Accounts (Filters, Blocking Bots, Blocking IPs, Goals Custom Reports, etc.)
- Architect strategies and directly implement tactics that boost website performance
- Monitor Google core vitals and site performance and provide feedback to development team
- Maintain internal link structure strategy and implement suggestions for improvements
- Analyze and implement strategies for non-Google search engines
- Perform ongoing keyword research and optimization
- Support local search improvements (Google My Business, Yelp, etc).
- Analyze keywords and techniques used by competitors
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance and regularly communicate to leadership team
- Collaborate on the creation of new digital processes and ensure compliance of existing processes
- Use various SEO data sources to create custom reports that highlight actionable insights.
- Actively contribute to the company’s defined goals and strategies
- Present findings and regularly meet with stakeholders (including C-level executives), clients and others in a professional manner
- Assist the Director of Digital Strategy with a range of high-level tasks
Skills & Experience
Specific requirements of this role include:
- Three to four years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO strategies
- In-depth technical knowledge of applicable software (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel)
- In-depth knowledge of applicable SEO software tools (Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz)
- Advanced knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Experience with WordPress and other content management systems
- Proficiency in analyzing high volumes of data on a regular basis to pinpoint trends
- Ability to work independently
- Strong personal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- A good listener who is open to ideas and feedback
- Extreme attention to detail
Required software experience:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog
- ahrefs (or compatible SEO tool)
- WordPress (or other compatible CMS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Preferred software experience:
- Google Data Studio
- Moz Local
- Microsoft Outlook
What We Look For
Our people are our best asset, adding value by contributing ideas and strategies that can have a tangible effect on the future of our company.
Our ultimate goal is to find someone who meshes with us and complements our team. This means a hard-working, talented, helpful and humble person who is just as willing to get in and do menial tasks as they are to lead an entire project to success.About Us
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates meaningful digital experiences that inform, educate, and empower individuals facing unexpected life challenges to take back control of their lives.
D50 Media is an integrated marketing and communications agency that puts top digital strategies to work for people who need support and options. For over a decade, we have been a leader in creating informational resources that can transform people’s lives for the better.
By providing useful information and guidance, our health-centered brands can help vulnerable communities navigate unexpected life challenges.
As a one-of-a-kind digital agency focused on health, education, and advocacy, D50 Media creates life-changing resources that raise awareness and inspire change. Our work empowers helpless individuals and communities to take back control of their lives.
We accomplish this organically and ethically through conventional marketing methods and emerging communications channels.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.