Marketing AnalystApply to This Position
D50 Media is seeking an experienced marketing analyst to help us make informed digital and offline business decisions and will be critical to driving growth of our national personal injury legal client. You will help us better understand our data with your expertise and passion to help improve KPIs in our lead generation campaigns. You will track KPIs and trends in way that enables cross-company visibility and provides key stakeholders with relevant and timely growth recommendations.
- Job Type Full Time
- Location 100% Remote
- Compensation Range $70,000 - $85,000
- Covid Notice Candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated.
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and passion for statistics and data analysis while also possessing a keen understanding of both online and offline marketing, digital analytics, and conversion optimization. You will report to the Director of Paid Media & Analysis.
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis, summary tables, charts and dashboards via Salesforce, IBM Cognos, and Excel to illustrate theories.
- Identify areas of opportunity and communicate insights to online and offline channel managers. Provide proactive recommendations with rationale and documentation.
- Collaborate with coworkers to effectively measure multi-touch performance of Television, Paid Search, SEO, Social Media, Programmatic Display, Direct Mail, and everything in between.
- Directly interact with agency management and client executive leadership to gather requirements, construct and demonstrate analysis of the customer journey.
- Recommend ways to optimize and improve ROI/campaign performance.
- Identify new questions or problem areas for marketing and select the appropriate analytical methods and models.
- Assist with testing analysis (websites, marketing channels, etc.)
- Identify tracking inconsistencies and work with marketing teams to resolve.
- Research new digital analytics platforms, propose best fit, work with development team to implement.
- Conduct analysis to uncover insights about our users through cohort analysis, funnel analysis, user segmentation, etc.
- Relentless curiosity to find the why for the what through independent analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to turn spreadsheets into data stories.
- Ability to translate analysis clearly and partner with marketing stakeholders and executive leadership
- Ability to prove theories to varying audiences and backgrounds.
- Strong foundational knowledge of demand generation methods and processes including marketing and attribution models required.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, or other digital analytics platforms.
- Expert-level experience with Excel required
- Strong organization skills, time management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and a focus on learning with a continuous improvement mindset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years hands-on digital marketing analysis
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Why Join Our Team
D50 Media creates and promotes high-quality internet brands that engage, educate and empower users to improve their lives.
D50 Media is a marketing agency that creates enterprise-level brands centered on organic content creation, search engine optimization, web conversion, analytics, website management and lead generation.
We have a long history of success in some of the most competitive digital marketing spaces. We pride ourselves on a company culture where every person’s ideas are valued—regardless of their position or time with the company.
This is a full-time paid position with the potential for advancement pending excellent performance. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits and bonus opportunities.
Benefits of Working at D50 Media
We are committed to making our company a great place to work, and we know that great benefits are critical. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) Plan with discretionary matching (historically has been 100%, dollar-for-dollar)
- Attractive benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical coverage for employee only (50% employer-paid medical coverage for spouse/dependents)
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and Worksite benefits (accident, hospital confinement) through well-known providers
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Paid maternity leave
- 14 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Generous PTO; 17 days in year 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development funding – gain a certification or get recertified
- Lunch & Learns – Short-form digital learning/education experience taught by employees
- Fantasy Football, March Madness, and other Sports Contests
- Holiday costume contests — prizes awarded
- Opportunities for charitable giving/giving back to the community
- Passionate Slack channel banter spanning pets, shout-outs, food, books, and more
- Employee referral bonus program — paid out after 90 days
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking culture that is supportive and collaborative
- No travel and remote work-from-home opportunity
- Computer and technology tools delivered to your door
Common Questions From Candidates
What is work like on a day-to-day basis?
D50 is made up of remote teams that collaborate online. The workday typically starts with checking email and Slack notifications, followed by logging into Asana to see what tasks need to be completed. Video meetings are common, both for internal check-ins and presentations.
In between meetings, team members focus on their assigned projects. The workday ends with checking email and Slack one last time before clocking out.
What type of social events do you do?
We make an effort to hold regular remote social events, so everyone can stay engaged and have some fun. Some of our favorite events include video happy hours, trivia nights, and virtual games nights. We also love to host charity fundraisers and educational events, as well as conferences.
How often do you meet?
The frequency of meetings is dependent upon the department that someone works in. But as an example, some departments have a daily stand-up meeting to discuss what everyone is working on and any blockers they may have, as well as a weekly meeting to review our progress against our goals.
Our goal is to be able to focus on our work when we’re not in meetings. Having too many meetings can be counterproductive, as it can lead to decision fatigue and make it difficult to get anything done.
On the other hand, having too few meetings can make it difficult to coordinate effectively. We aim to strike the right balance between ensuring everyone is on the same page and giving us the opportunity to collaborate effectively.
What do current employees say about working at D50 Media?
On our Glassdoor account, the following comments have been left by current and past employees:
What’s your leadership/management philosophy?
Leaders should trust their employees to do their jobs well and respect their employees’ capabilities. At the same time, employees should feel confident in their leaders’ abilities and feel respected for their contribution to the organization.
Communication is also essential for management and leadership to be effective. Leaders should be open and honest with their employees, and employees should feel free to express their ideas and concerns.
How do you show your employees that you care about them?
We do it in a variety of ways. We offer competitive salaries, provide generous benefits, and award bonuses. We also host company parties, organize team-building exercises, or simply provide opportunities for employees to socialize and bond with one another.
Finally, we also show appreciation by being compassionate. This means showing understanding and flexibility during times of personal conflict or crisis, offering support and resources when needed, and generally creating a culture of care and concern.
Are there growth opportunities?
There are definitely growth opportunities at D50 Media, and there’s nothing we love more than to watch someone develop professionally and achieve promotions within the company.